Under Tennessee law, there are a multitude of crimes that a person could be charged with. Some of the most frequent crimes our clients have been charged with include:
- DUIs: Driving under the influence of drugs, alcohol, or other intoxicants can have severe consequences on your personal and professional life. At Legal Powers, PLLC we’re experienced in representing clients facing DUI cases.
- Drug Crimes: Crimes that fall into this category include being in possession of, distributing, or manufacturing any type of controlled substance. Convictions related to drug crimes are significant and should not be regarded lightly.
- Sex Crimes: If you’ve been charged with rape, solicitation, prostitution, sexual assault, a conviction may result in years of imprisonment along with potentially being listed on the sex offender registry depending on the crime you’re charged with. Along with the many penalties associated with these crimes, they may also have a serious impact on where you can live and work.
- Violent Crimes: This includes domestic assault, assault, aggravated assault, manslaughter,, kidnapping and several other crimes. There are several different penalties associated with violent crimes depending on the type of crime and its severity.
- White Collar Crimes: These are generally non-violent and typically involve some type of illegal monetary gain. Crimes in this category include mortgage fraud, embezzlement, securities fraud, money laundering, and bribery, to name a few.
These are only a few of the many crimes our clients have been charged with. Our experience extends far beyond the list of crimes above. If you’ve been arrested for or charged with any crime in Tennessee, be sure to contact our firm today for your free consultation.
Building A Strategy For Your Case
It is a difficult and daunting task to attempt to navigate the legal system on your own. And it is ill-advised to go it alone. Building a defense involves a concrete understanding of the facts of your case and an even stronger understanding of the law, the possible defenses, the standards of proof, and several other considerations that define a strong criminal defense.
For example, in the event of a DUI charge, depending on the facts of your case, we may build a strategy that focuses on the unreliability and inaccuracy of the blood alcohol test results from your DUI arrest because of the way it was collected, stored, handled or processed. However, this type criminal defense requires a strong understanding of the rules, regulations, laws, and legal principles that govern the way that type of evidence is supposed to be collected.
There are several different factors that we’ll be taking into consideration as your criminal defense lawyer when working out a strategy for your case. You have the right to defend yourself, and at Legal Powers we help you do exactly that.
YOUR FRANKLIN CRIMINAL DEFENSE LAWYER
I’m attorney Ben Powers, founder of Legal Powers, PLLC. I understand that no matter the case, it’s important to understand not only what is alleged to have occurred on the day or night in question but also your goals and your story that is much larger than any individual incident. As a local criminal defense lawyer, I never forget that you’re more than just a docket number, and the impact that being charged or convicted of a crime has on my clients.
I’d like to invite you to speak with me for a free one-on-one consultation about your arrest to discuss you, your case, and my possible criminal defense representation.. Call our office at 615.762.8775 today and schedule a time to meet for your consultation.